g, Pastor Peery, Church, & School Calendar

g in blue, Pastor in Red/Pink, Church in Green, and School in brown.

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"I" Have Something to Celebrate


I have never really paid attention to this before, Women's Rights. I had old fashion thinking until most recently. I thought a women was meant to accent a man in his life. To tend to his needs and the kids and the home. Until lately when I am fighting for stability in my career to be the bread winner of my single parent home.

Funny how things work out sometimes. I thought I would be successful at a young age, then give it up to be a wife and mother. I was forced back into a single life when my ex-husband left finally with the last person he had an affair with. Who knows, maybe it wasn’t his last, but for me it was. Anyway, I have desired the looking nice in sun dresses, preparing luxurious meals, parties to promote my husband in his endeavors, but instead the opposite has occurred. I find myself needing and wanting a career for myself. I have been told for many years that I have a nak for this, the talent for that, etc. I so want to finish school and do something great, but to be honest I don’t have the ability to at this time with how my ex had left me, and I am still picking up the pieces. Luckily there are only a few more pieces to pick up. Thankfully, God has put me back in a technical field. I hope to grow within my current company and still volunteer in my community.

I have actually applied to volunteer for three new organizations here in OKC and one old organization from back home. The one back home is more phone or online support, technical aspects they are needing. I have not heard back from 3 out of 4. The one I have heard from, I suggested an idea. The new leaders seemed to like the idea and are in the process of checking to see if it meets the group’s and company’s approval.

Anyway, I am coming into my own I guess you could say. I am finding out what “G….” is all about. Learning to be independent, bold, and courageous.

No comments:

Post a Comment