g, Pastor Peery, Church, & School Calendar

g in blue, Pastor in Red/Pink, Church in Green, and School in brown.

Monday, August 24, 2009

Weekend Update

Weekend started off miserable, I was sick, but ended great, got tanned a bit playing volleyball in the pool, won 1 lost 2 games.

Matt ran into a classmate from school and lives a building down from us. I met his mom and her and I may become good friends. She is a single mom too.

Drake's mother, Ashley did not swim, she was sitting in the shade when we arrived. I sat in the shade at first and to my surprise, discovered we had a common interest, the school our children attended and how they were classmates. It was obvious when the boys knew each other's names there was familiarity, so naturally we introduced ourselves.

There were others from the complex and Rod was trying to get enough interested to play a few games of volleyball. Rod is a neighbor who happens to have a twin brother, Rez. I met Rod a couple of weekends ago and he remembered me. I ran home to change to play considering Matt was in the water already playing with his new best friend, Drake.

It was a good Sunday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment